Retiree Medical Cost

2007

 

 

The NASI Welfare Fund subsidizes the cost for Retiree Medical coverage.  In 2007, retirees pay ~44% of the expected cost.  The other 56% of the cost is paid (subsidized) by the NASI Welfare Fund and is a part of the reason that the Welfare Fund contribution rate is as high as it is.

 

To find out the amount of your monthly premium for Retiree Medical benefits (including prescription and dental benefits), refer to your home local in the chart below.  To qualify for the additional Retired Employee Subsidy Account (RESA) subsidy, you have to meet the rules established by your local union.  The Fund office can help you figure out whether you will qualify for your Local Union’s RESA subsidy.

                                   

 

 

Not yet Eligible for Medicare – Normal Subsidy

Medicare Eligible Normal Subsidy *

Not yet Eligible for Medicare with additional RESA Subsidy

Medicare Eligible with additional RESA Subsidy *

Local 183

$595

$285

$414

$245

Local 268

$595

$285

$465 (subsidy begins at age 61)

$240 (subsidy begins at age 61)

Local 314

$595

$285

$335

$195

Local 483

$595

$285

$385

$213.75

Local 536

$595

$285

No additional subsidy

No additional subsidy

Local 542

$595

$285

No additional subsidy

No additional subsidy

Local 550

$595

$285

$335

$195

Local 669

$595

$285

$335

$195

Local 676

$595

$285

$414

$245

Local 692

$595

$285

$335

$195

Local 696

$595

$285

$335

$195

Local 699

$595

$285

$414

$245

Local 704

$595

$285

$300

$195

Local 709

$595

$285

$335

$195

Local 821

$595

$285

$335

$195

 

 

Internal Links

 

Back to I will have medical coverage through the NASI Welfare Fund

Back to Using my SIS Pension Fund money

Back to How much retirement income do I need?